Magnus EDA Pages
- Free tools
- gEDA is a growing number of tools developed from scratch under GPL.
There is schematics capture, netlist export, symbol screener, schematic
screener, symbol libraries, wavefore viewer etc. Associated you will find an
Verilog compiler. There is a PCB tool on the stove.
- Savant is a GPLed VHDL compiler and simulation tool. It is capable of
both sequential and parallell simulation.
Associated tools are
- SAUVE is as set of object oriented extentions to VHDL that are under IEEE
- TyVis is a GPLed VHDL simulation kernel which runs ontop of Warped.
- Warped is a GPLed simulation kernel. Warped can run both sequential and
parallell simulations on a cluster of machines. For cluster machines it uses
- Commercial tools
- Free models
Free Model Foundry
- Contains VHDL and Verilog models under the GPL.
The Hamburg VHDL Archive
- Many models, docs etc. Be sure to visit.
The Free-IP Project
VHDL Library of Arithmetic Units
- VI is an organisation to promote the VHDL language
- Contains many links into the EDA community, with a strong drift towards
- Site to promote EDA tools on the Linux platform. Contains both free and
Magnus Danielson <cfmd at bredband dot net>